<$BlogRSDURL$>
Becky Turtle
Tuesday, April 20, 2004
 
There's nothing better than being really busy. I've got two deals that I'm pushing through for an end of the month closing. One's a pretty standard private equity round of financing, and we represent the investor so the deadline doesn't matter to us as much as to the company, though we certainly don't want to be the reason it doesn't close. The other is this really complex agribusiness asset purchase; our client is buying some producers and some processing and canning plants. Some of the assets are here and some in Mexico, so I'm getting to use my Spanish a little. Who would have thought agribusiness would be so cool, but it's really interesting. There are so many pieces in this deal -- so many licenses and permits that need to be transferred, here and in Mexico; all the employment and immigration issues and the federal agricultural statutes as well as the regular diligence and terms that go along with any corporate asset purchase. And I kind of look at my food a little differently when I'm in the grocery store, knowing now about the irrigation equipment leases and the rolling stock of the trucks that move the product down to the canning plants and the entire payroll for the plants. Anyway, I'm pushing through all this stuff with hardly any time for anything else and it's a total rush. There's a bit of a flutter in my stomach which the litigators tell me they have when they go into court. For me it's about what am I forgetting, and what needs to happen first, what's mine and what can be pushed down to a third year, what needs the partner, and how do I keep all these balls in the air that's such a rush. A scary rush but still full of adrenaline.

The partner who had the stroke is at home now, learning to walk again. There was some damage to his left side. I'm thinking I'll visit tomorrow if I can steal a little break in the action.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger