<$BlogRSDURL$>
Becky Turtle
Tuesday, April 13, 2004
 
Truth is stranger than fiction. I was wrong about the tax associate -- he was just joking around, as it turns out. The h.r. people actually sent a memo out threatening us that they're counting pens and paperclips and sticky notes. Are you kidding me? It's already a huge hassle to send a fax or make a photocopy. You have to enter codes identifying you and the client and the matter and if you screw up even one number you have to fill out an end of the month summary report and if you do that too often you have to attend a "procedures" session. Like this is the best use of the people billing out over $290/hour. Their "efficiency committee" should make sure the Internet works around here all the time. When I thought the tax guy had done this it was funny because it was so absurd. Now I'm just depressed.

Maybe I'll see if I can bribe the tax kid to hack in and send out a memo saying the office supply memo was a joke and should be disregarded. I mean, we're all going to disregard it anyway, except the first and second years and the paralegals and the assistants.

The kind of babysitting that goes on in this place is just amazing.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger