<$BlogRSDURL$>
Becky Turtle
Monday, May 03, 2004
 
Finally I'm breathing again. We closed two deals last week and it was madness. I tried to post a couple of times but the screen kept freezing -- I could see what I had written but it didn't publish. And then when I went back to screw around with it those posts got deleted. It wasn't very interesting -- just complaining about work. Helen's not being transferred but her friend is, so she was kind of pissy to me for a couple of days, which when there is a deal about to close is not very cool.

Anyway things are a bit quieter right now. I've got a million little things on my desk that I pushed aside last week to push through the deals but my hours are way up and none of these little things are urgent so I'm playing around a bit.

Been reading the blog of the partner here. He says he got elective surgery over the weekend. I haven't seen him yet today but I wonder what he had done. Maybe love handles tucked. He's not too bad looking as far as partners go, actually. A lot of them get to be decidedly pear shaped the longer they work here, like their chest kind of slid down into their belly. This guy's chest is still a chest. I try to keep in shape by running at least 10 miles a week, although last week I only got six in because it was so hectic. When I was in law school I did a couple of marathons a year. I used to be in great shape, but if you look around here the people who are the best looking are definitely the assistants or maybe the associates right out of law school who haven't gained their 15 pounds and gotten the sleep-deprived pale flabby look of a seasoned lawyer.

Maybe I'll start tanning a little bit.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger