<$BlogRSDURL$>
Becky Turtle
Tuesday, May 04, 2004
 
I didn't go into work today. I woke up this morning with a migraine, which might have been because I ate nuts last night. I don't get migraines as much as I used to -- thank God! I don't know if nuts are what triggers them -- I went through all these tests a few years ago and got really inconclusive and unsatisfying answers, or non-answers, from the doctor. But I sort of have my own hypothesis that nuts might be one of the triggers.

Anyway I started feeling human around 10 AM so I decided I would play hooky and take myself to the beach. But while I was driving to the beach I decided to go shopping instead and took myself to Bloomingdale's. I'm not liking my butt right now so I skipped the clothing section and went right for shoes and got a couple of good pairs. Check these out, just for fun. And these, which I think I'll enjoy wearing to work. And I had to have these. There's nothing like shoes to make a girl feel good again.

So then I was heading to the jewelry counter and lo and behold who did I see there but S. And he does look noticeably better after his little bit surgery, let me tell you. He grinned when he saw me because he knew he'd caught me at hooky, which I didn't even try to hide. It's not like I don't have anything to hang over his head. He was buying jewelry for his wife. HA. Guilty conscience. The ironic thing is he asked me to help him pick something out for her. I picked out a sort of ugly bracelet, and convinced him that she would love it. And I batted my eyelashes and told him what a good job the plastic surgeon had done and he bought me a pair of earrings. Nice ones. Nicer than the bracelet, that's for sure.

So now I'm home, with a pretty good haul from Bloomie's and I'm going to go for a run and then maybe to the beach after all.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger