<$BlogRSDURL$>
Becky Turtle
Thursday, May 13, 2004
 
Okay, now that I know people are reading this with my handy new site counter I guess I should tell you what my deal is: I am a sixth year corporate lawyer somewhere in California. I am thirty three years old, single, no kids (yet. Maybe ever, although my mom is badgering me). There's a guy in the firm I sometimes fool around with but it's not like a steady thing, especially since he's married. Which is usually just fine with me -- I get the fun part without having to deal with his dry cleaning and all that crap. I used to be a runner but not so much these days. I like my job okay but sometimes it gets to me. This blog is where I vent. My name is not really Becky. From now on I won't use anyone's real names or even real initials on this blog because I don't want to be found out. I might go back and change people's names just in case. Please don't try to figure out who I am or where I work.

There's a partner in my firm who has a blog, and nobody but me knows its him. He does NOT know that I have a blog, and I am not going to link to him in case he figures it out. Not that he could do anything, I mean, it seems like we would cancel each other out, right? But it just sounds like a controversy I do not want in my career just now. I'm doing pretty good, and I haven't gotten any signals that partnership is a long shot for me and I don't want to screw that up. Mostly I don't think people here even know what blogs are. I didn't until a couple of months ago. They're pretty cool and now I check up on a handful a couple of times a week or so. It's kind of addictive. So is writing in it, although sometimes things get too crazy here and I sort of forget about it or just want to stare out the window instead of writing. I'm on the city side of the building not the ocean side but it's still a pretty nice view.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger