<$BlogRSDURL$>
Becky Turtle
Monday, May 10, 2004
 
This firm pays 3/4 of the cost of a pretty swanky gym membership. It starts out at half and for partners the firm pays the whole cost. It's a pretty nice perk -- when I've thought about backing off and going to a bank or a VC firm it's not just the pay cut that makes me think twice about it, it's the gym membership. Because I've gotten pretty used to the place -- an ordinary gym just wouldn't compare -- but there's no way I'd ever step up and pay the whole cost myself, especially if I was working on a lower salary. Anyway, I manage to go only a couple of times during the week and usually one weekend day I take a class: yoga or Pilates or sometimes spinning. I was hooked on spinning for a while but haven't done it in a bit.

Usually I go mid to late afternoon, if I've passed along a set of drafts to a partner who is going to review them and get them back to me on his way out of the office around seven or so, I know I have a couple of hours to kill before they're ready for me. Today I went earlier because I had a lag and I knew my afternoon would be a mess. Anyway it's not unusual to see a celebrity or two there, this being LA and all, but today I was on the elliptical trainer next to Calista Flockhart. !! She really is tiny. She asked me what time it was, but otherwise I didn't talk to her. I should have told her how much I used to love Ally McBeal.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger